Current Affairs Quiz of 9-10 January 2016
1. The IFSC Banking Units (IBUs) are allowed to open which of the following types of bank accounts?
Ans-Foreign currency current accounts
2. Who was appointed as Chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI) ?
Ans- Devender Kumar Sikri
3. Who was honoured with the ‘Bulandh Bharath’ Award for his exemplary contributions towards nation building ?
Ans-GMR Group Chairman G.M. Rao
4. Who was reappointed as as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ?
Ans- Dr Urjit R . Patel
5. Who was named as the Prime Minister of Burkina Faso ?
Ans-Economist Paul Kaba Thieba
6. Who have won the 2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy in the women’s doubles category ?
Ans- Sania Mirza and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis
7. Who is the first Indian to win a People’s Choice Awards?
8. On which date, Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) is celebrated in India?
9. Who has been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for year 2016 ?
Ans- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan
10.Who is the new brand ambassador of the Centre's Incredible India campaign ?
Ans-Amitabh Bachchan .