Mixture and Allegation Exam Quiz
1. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio 7:5 when 9 litres of mixture are drawn off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7:9. How many litres of liquid A was contained by the can initially?
2.A man travelled a distance of 90Km in 9 hours partly on foot at 8 kmph and partly on bicycle at 17 kmph. Find the distance travelled on foot.
3.A milk vendor has 2 cans of milk .The first contains 25% water and the rest milk. The second contains 50% water. How much milk should he mix from each of the container so as to get 12 litres of milk such that the ratio of water to milk is 3:5?
4. In what ratio must a person mix three kinds of wheat costing him Rs 1.20,Rs 1.44 and Rs 1.74 per Kg so that the mixture may be worth Rs 1.41 per Kg?
5.A painter mixes blue paint with white paint so that the mixture contains 10% blue paint.In a mixture of 40 litres paint how many litres blue paint should be added so that the mixture contains 20% of blue paint.
A. 2.5 litres
1. (B) Let initially contained 7x & 5x
Required Quantity = 7x = 7*3=21 litres
2. (B) Average Speed = 90/9=10kmph
By Rule of Allegations
Required Distance = 7*8=56 km
3. (A) Milk in 1st can = ¾
Milk in IInd can = ½
Milk in Resultant mixture = 5/8
1 + 1 = 12
2 = 12
1 = 6 liter
4. (A) In first case, We take 1. 20, 1.44 & 1. 41
In second case, We take 1.20, 1. 74 & 1. 41
11 : 7
Since I : II = 1.7
I : III = 11 : 7
So, I : II : III = 11 : 77 : 7
5. (C) Percentage of blue point, in pure Blue point =100%
8 : 1
Since 8 = 40
1 = 5 liters